If you've ever wanted to turn off Windows Store (like me), here's a quick solution on how to do it:
1. Press the [Windows-Logo] + [R] key combination to bring up the run dialog box, type:
and press ENTER.Code:gpedit.msc
2. In the Window expand in the tree view "User Configuration","Administrative Templates","Windows Components", and then "Store"
3. You should see the option"Turn off the Store application", double click on it.
4. Switch the radio button from "Not Configured" to "Enabled" to enable the Windows feature "Turn off the Store application"
5. Reboot the PC. This is to ensure all changes take effect.
Hi there and welcome to PC Help Forum (PCHF), a more effective way to get the Tech Support you need!Dismiss Notice
We have Experts in all areas of Tech, including Virus removal, Crash Fixing and BSOD's , Microsoft Windows, Computer DIY and PC Hardware, Networking, Gaming, Tablets and iPads, General and Specific Software Support and so much more.
Why not Click Here To Sign Up and start enjoying great FREE Tech Support.
Disable Windows Store in Windows 8/8.1 Pro
This guide will show you how to disable the Windows Store in Windows 8/8.1 Pro