Have you ever wanted to shutdown your PC simply by clicking a tile on the Metro screen? Now you can Here's an easy guide on how to accomplish this.
1. Navigate to:
2. Right-Click & select New -> ShortcutCode:C:\Users\/[USERID]/\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
3. Type the location of the item:
4. Click NextCode:C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0
5. Type a name for this shortcut. I.E. Shutdown this PC
6. Click Finish
7. Press Windows Key to return to Start Page
8. Right-Click on the new tile
9. Click Open file location
10. Click Change Icon
11. Click OK when you get the error message.
12. Click the Shutdown Icon
13. Click OK
14. Click Apply
15. Click OK
Hi there and welcome to PC Help Forum (PCHF), a more effective way to get the Tech Support you need!Dismiss Notice
We have Experts in all areas of Tech, including Virus removal, Crash Fixing and BSOD's , Microsoft Windows, Computer DIY and PC Hardware, Networking, Gaming, Tablets and iPads, General and Specific Software Support and so much more.
Why not Click Here To Sign Up and start enjoying great FREE Tech Support.
Add a Shutdown Tile
Create a shutdown tile with this easy guide